You can donate $1 or more to my Patreon or donate here. Every dollar helps me produce the webcomic faster and helps me replace things!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Community Topic I - *CPRs Forums*
(03-28-2017, 04:50 AM)Akiranon Wrote: Unfortunately the Xbox's hard drive is tied to the console, so without a TSOP/Modchip/EEPROM backup, it's impossible to replace the stock hard drive. Once that thing fails, it's all over. So yeah, totally worth it.

I actually found out about a way around this. If you use ConfigMagic to manually change your Xbox's HDD key (the 32-digit code that locks the hard drive to the motherboard), you can give all of your Xboxes matching HDD keys.

I changed the HDD key on all four of my Xboxes to 32 0s, so now I can freely put any of my hard drives into any of my Xboxes and they'll all work without any problems and if I ever choose to clone additional hard drives, they'll all have matching keys as well. This also allows DLC and system-locked game saves to work universally on all of your consoles too because these files all check the Xbox's HDD key, which is now the same on every console.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Happy Birthday Topic Izagar 7 1,689 12-02-2016, 08:20 PM
Last Post: Izagar
  Funny Image and Video Topic Izagar 14 3,435 10-19-2016, 12:27 PM
  Funny Quote Topic Izagar 15 4,666 01-05-2016, 08:10 PM
  Zelda Cavern Community Kaynil 4 1,443 09-27-2015, 04:50 AM
Last Post: Kaynil